Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Talk about Song

If you're on Goodreads, Song of Scarabaeus has been picked as one of the two reads this month at the Vaginal Fantasy Hangout, which is a segment on the Geek & Sundry YouTube channel from Felicia Day (et al). The YouTube discussion comes in a few weeks but meanwhile you can talk about the book on Goodreads here.

In last month's YouTube episode, Felicia introduced the two books at the end (the other is Ghost Planet by Sharon Lynn Fisher) and not only said both my names correctly but succeeded with her second attempt in pronouncing Scarabaeus (check out 1:07:44 so that you, too, can achieve this rare feat). In my experience that's about three attempts fewer than most people, and I don't blame them. It's a silly word. (Don't even ask what it means.)

I don't actually know how it's pronounced, by the way. It's just how I say it.

As for spelling it... good luck with that. Even my own publisher misspelled it in a promotional flyer (fortunately I caught it in the draft).



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the book because of Vaginal Fantasy, and I absolutely loved it. I finished and immediately looked for the sequel on Amazon! Just fantastic.

Sara Creasy said...

That's good to hear! Thanks.

Unknown said...

I read this book for Vaginal Fantasy and really enjoyed it! I suggested that my library buy the sequel, so hopefully I will be able to read it in the near future. Also, I made a book review on Song! Here is the link in case you want to watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgyToD5VKTY&feature=youtu.be

Sara Creasy said...

Thanks for the video review! Personally I love the look of the cover, but in retrospect I think it emphasized the romance too much (thus misleading people) and Edie does look a bit clingy. My publisher asked me for input at the time, and I said something like "Just don't make her look like an urban fantasy action hero with a gun!"

Post a Comment