Evidently this discrepancy didn't hinder our relationship, especially as MCP is also a huge sci-fi fan. So he wrote me an adventure sci-fi book "where everything blows up on the first page", as he put it. The book was called Prudence Falling, which is the protagonist's name and I think a lovely evocative title, but Tor disagreed and it became The Kassa Gambit.
It's out today! - hardcover and ebook formats. MCP also has some blog interviews and posts coming up around the traps (includes updates I've made a few days later):
- Interview at Layers of Thought
- Interview at The Qwillery
- Guest post at To Read or Not to Read - "Which writers have influenced you the most?"
- Guest post at Starmetal Oak Reviews - "Books that aren't read as much as they should be"
- Interview at Book Brats
- Interview at Poisoned Rationality
- A nice review from Open Letters Monthly, which laments the hc price and calls the book "a tasty science fiction snack".
Links to buy the book are here on MC Planck's website.
Congratulations to my amazing man! xxx